80sFan's Sketchbook Deep Dive Part 1: 2016 Art

 This is a repost from my DeviantArt page. This is a new post series I wanted to try and do every now and then. This Series will consist of old art I made when I was younger, Sketches I never posted or unfinished art, and maybe even some notes and behind the scenes things about posted drawings. I hope you enjoy this Sketchbook Journy! 

Today's Sketchbook Deep Dive delves into an old hardback red notebook I had back in around 2015 to 2016 I would have been about 10 or 11 at the time and I was in 4th grade. This was the time I really got into comics I would read every comic or graphic novel in my school library and my public library, and I knew I wanted to get into comics and book illustration when I grew up. Also, this was when I was a bit more into video games then I am now (I still love video games, but I just don't play them as much as I did back then) This was 2015 and 2016 and the teasers for the legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild had me absolutely pumped for its release I was already a huge fan of The Zelda series especially Skyward sword and Twilight Princess. As most kids that like to draw and are excited about something they draw what they like, and drawing is exactly what I did!

Here's some more Zelda themed drawings....

Moving on from Zelda here are some old OCs!

This guy here is named Mashiro and he was a samurai character with a pet cat. He was inspired by the character Mitsurugi from the video game series Soul Caliber. However, this guy here while still serious and what 10 year old me seen as Badass he was a lot more friendly then Mitsurugi. 


This was another OC I am not sure what the inspiration was for him, but I played a lot of video games and watched some anime and stuff, so it is probably a mix of that. I don't really remember ever naming this guy.


On the topic of anime like stuff here was my attempt at Anime-like eyes back then they were.... interesting....


I liked drawing animals as well....
I still find that turtle adorable to this day ❤️🐢
Thank you for checking this out let me know your thoughts on these old drawings. More soon!
❤️😁👍

Comments

Popular Posts