F-Zero had a comic book?

 


The video game franchise F-Zero is a futuristic racing video game series from Nintendo. The first of this video game series came out for the Super Famicom in Japan in the year 1990 and was created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takaya Imamura. This game has had many other sequels, an anime, and even a comic! Yep that’s right! F-Zero had a comic and as a big fan of classic Nintendo, F-Zero, and Comic books you just know I had to look into this! 

This short comic was included in the 1990 instruction manual of the original 1990 F-Zero video game. This comic was titled: F-ZERO: THE STORY OF CAPTAIN FALCON and was illustrated by Takaya Imamura who has created art for another beloved Nintendo franchise titled Star Fox. I personally always loved the comic design for Captain Falcon, I mean look at him he looks like someone right out of the classic Judge Dredd comics! 


The comic takes place before the first race you play in the original game which is in “Mute City 1”. The Protagonist is of course Captain Falcon. Aside from a racer he is also a bounty hunter and he decides try and hunt down a few bounties before the race starts. He nabs his first bounty which is a lizard guy named Scale head, However the racer and bounty hunter named Samurai Goroh tries to take the bounty for himself but is unsuccessful as Captain Falcon makes his escape. Afterwards Captain Falcon takes his second bounty which…I don’t think they ever named him but let’s just say he’s Pig Pin from Marvel Comics lol. Anyway after that it is time for the race! All the racers are pumped for the race and brag about their racing skills and hop in the vehicles and the race starts! 

I love the Futuristic setting, that 80’s and 90’s vibe, and I always loved F-Zero. In my opinion this short comic is a real treat, and definitely a cool piece of classic Nintendo media. The only problem I had was I wished it was a longer comic! If you'd like to see the full comic I'd recommend checking out Stanpai's Comic dub on YouTube!

I also made this animation back in 2023 but it was unfinished and its not the best.😅

I know I already posted about this comic before on DeviantArt and that post is still up to this day but that post was pretty old and looking back it was not the best. I did better research this time. I hope you found this interesting and I appreciate you reading!



Comments

Popular Posts