After being on sites like DeviantArt some cartoons hit different....
Warning: this post goes into topics about fetishes including the very bad kind. However, I do not go into great detail on each fetish and there is no fetish imagery shown.
I want to start by saying that if you have a fetish there's no hate from me. As long as what you're into involves consenting adults and does not involve things like zoophilia, I honestly don't have a problem with it. Sure, I would not feel comfortable drawing images like that for people as I am a SFW artist, and I would appreciate if they were not trying to shove fetish content in my face. However, if you are just there doing your own thing that's all good. 👍
When viewing art on the internet one thing that just about anyone is bound to run into is fetish content. Some images don't even look like fetish content, but you soon find out that somebody out there is into it in that way. I know DeviantArt often gets a bad rap due to the amount of this content on the site, but I've seen this content all over the internet. DeviantArt is usually just most people's go to for an example. Anyway, what this post is about is how it feels a bit weird watching some cartoons now knowing that a simple cartoony gag of an innocent character inflating like a balloon for comedic affect is seen as something sexual. I love cartoons like Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, and Bonkers for the silly cartoon antics and characters I never got anything sexually gratifying from these cartoons and knowing that people do makes these innocent goofy cartoons gags feel dirty in a way. I try to look past that and just enjoy the cartoon as a normal silly show, and I often can but it's hard to not have it in the back of my mind.
On places like DeviantArt I've unfortunately came across fetish content of young teen and children's characters from cartoons as well. Cartoons like Tiny Toon Adventures, Muppet Babies, or Rugrats are some examples. This is the kind of fetish content is absolutely disgusting and unacceptable. Anyone who comes across content like this report them. If you have these fetishes about these characters you need to get some serious help. Of course, the same can be said for feral or animal characters in cartoons as well. It is degusting and wrong.
I know many people say that they developed these fetishes from some of the exact cartoons I mentioned along with other kids' media they watched growing up. Personally, that never happened to me, I just saw the cartoons as cartoons and many of them I still innocently enjoy to this day.
Going back to the topic of art. Fetishes also make it hard to draw certain things. Such at fuller figured characters for example. It's not that I have anything against fuller figured characters or people. I'm all for body positivity and to be honest I'm not exactly skinny myself. However, I am often a bit hesitant to post art like that depending on the character as I feel uncomfortable knowing that somebody out there may be looking at my art in that way. I know it's unescapable and some art I have posted someone out there probably has some fetish that can relate to the drawing even if the drawing is not intended for that at all.
When I first started posting art online, I was new to the internet and new to social media for the most part. I was only 15 years old when I joined DeviantArt and it was my first social media site I posted art on. I would often get requests from users that seemed innocent at first. Some examples are characters on a bouncy ball, female characters doing aerobics, characters that normally wear shoes asked to be drawn specifically without shoes. Some of them seemed weird but being a teenager that was new to all that stuff I drew some of them without knowing. not only that but there were some users that even asked me to draw child characters or younger looking characters doing these things. When I found out I block the users and delete the art. Since then, I've been very cautious about requests, and I barely even take requests anymore aside from friends. If I do I make it clear that I have some rules.
Anyway, this was just something I had on my mind. like I said if you have a fetish that involves consenting adults and not things like Zoophilia and you're just minding your own business doing your own thing, you do you and enjoy what you enjoy! I'm not trying to bash anyone's interests this post is just my own thoughts and opinions and my own experiences.


Comments
Post a Comment