Becoming a Furry...
I've always loved animal characters in cartoons, video games, and the list go on. When I was really young, I even used to draw animal characters mainly because I struggled with drawing humans.
Honestly growing up I kind of knew what a furry was but I only heard of them here and there and I really didn't know many other sites other than YouTube at the time, and I didn't even have an account. I remember seeing memes or videos bashing them for being weirdos or cringey.
Fast forward a bit I get my first personal laptop and eventually work up the courage to create a DeviantArt account and post some art. When I started out I really didn't make furry content much. It was mostly human comic, cartoon, or movie characters with some occasional animal characters. For a couple years posting art on DeviantArt I never had the thought of Furry in my mind. I never had anything against them really, but I didn't feel like I was one myself.
I remember making a few Anthro OCs because I found some furry artists that really inspired me. One of those being an artist that many of you probably know, Kosperry. I have seen their art before particularly their Fnaf stuff but never actually looked into the account that deep at the time. I have always adored Don Blurh's films since childhood and as many know Kosperry's Style definitely captures that feel. I also enjoyed their account because it was SFW. No hate to NSFW artists but after having to see loads of that kind of art on DeviantArt it is always nice to be able to explore an innocent gallery.
Anyway, as time went on, I made new friends. Very talented friends that were furry artists. Many of these friends I made during my first Art Fight last year in 2025. So many people fill cringe compilations with furry content and make fun of them at every turn. Some people accuse furrys of being zoophiles or whatever other terrible things they can think of just because they enjoy drawing innocent Anthro animal characters or dressing up in innocent fur suits. Yes, I know there are bad people in the furry community but that literally goes with ANY community and any fandom! People just choose to see the bad things because it gives them a good target to hate on and joke on. The truth is that from my time in the furry community I have met some of the nicest and most creative artists I've seen. The Furry community are also a very welcoming and accepting community to the LGBTQ community and others.
Yes, there are many furry who have fetishes but once again all fandoms and communities like this will have fetish artists and people into fetishes furry or not. If you really look into it a majority of fetishes they include things like inflation, feet, or things like that. Sure, there a bit weird to people who do not have those fetishes but at the end of the day they are not really hurting anybody. If you do not like that content don't interact. I do agree that fetish artists or people into a fetish should not go out of their way to bother someone who is not comfortable with said fetish. I also really shouldn't have to say this but there is no acceptation to pedophilia, zoophilia, or anything nonconsensual furry or otherwise. I would also like to mention that many furry artists are fully SFW artists like me. I simply enjoy creating and drawing SFW Anthro characters I have no interests in fetishes however I do not go out of my way to be unkind to those with harmless fetishes.
Anyway, I just wanted to get these things out. While I still plan on drawing both human and animal characters, I do feel glad to say I am part of the furry community. I even have a Fursona of my own who I named 80sCat. It's a play on my username 80sFanSinceDayOne and my favorite animal which is a cat!
Anyway, I am glad to be part of this nice community, and I plan to keep creating! :D




Comments
Post a Comment