Let's talk about the new 2026 Star Fox game design

 Yep, another Star Fox related post because why not! I Just wanted to make this post to share my thoughts. Okay, so first of all, this is based on the look and design and less on the plot or game play. Personally, I love the new style! I've seen some people say it's weird or uncanny, and I get that, but it looks super cool to me!

I think the biggest reason of that is because it gives me vibes of the original 90s box art that used puppets. Oh yeah for those of you who saw my last blog about the Star Fox puppets it has worked its way to this blog as well! I think I find the new game design a bit similar because of the animal realism and the way Fox's legs and feet are, lol.

  Much like I said in my last blog, The old box art never really creeped me out like it did some other people. I just found it visually so cool! The fact that they used puppets back then added to appeal for me as I am a big fan of Gerry Anderson and Jim Henson's puppeteering works. From my research, I said that I found that the original Star Fox puppets are considered lost media, and due to the material, they were made of and most likely poor preservation, the puppets are very likely badly deteriorated and forgotten in storage. I think this is very sad because they were such a unique and creative piece of Nintendo and gaming history as a whole! Another thing is we barely got to see them in action! The most we got was a small snippet of the Fox puppet in an ad and pictures of them on box art and magazines. I would have loved to see a Gerry Anderson or Jim Henson style Star Fox show or movie with these puppets, but sadly, that never happened. 

Going back to the new game's design. As I said, I find the design kind of hits that same feeling the original puppets does just a little for me. Almost like a mix between the original box art design and the N64 Star Fox style and I love both! Anyway, I feel like this is the closest to seeing anything like that original puppet box art style from 1993 we're going to get. 

I don't know if all this made any sense, I'm a weirdo lol. Anyway, I'm personally excited to see the new Star Fox game regardless and happy to see a new installment to the series! 

 


Comments

Popular Posts